Open Dialog Box When Clicking on Calendar Event

Problem: I added a Calendar View (week) for a list on a Site Page. When I click an event, it takes me to another page instead of opening a dialog box. Solution: Paste that into a Script Editor web part or save it as calendar.js and then call it from a Content Editor web part.

Hiding Calculated Columns from Display Form

By default, the option to hide a calculated column for a content type is grayed out. Some people are able to use SharePoint Designer to hide these columns, but we kept running into an error when saving our changes. "This column already exists in the list. Choose a different column." The workaround, as always, was … Continue reading Hiding Calculated Columns from Display Form


Problem: The following errors appear in Event Viewer on a SharePoint 2013 server. Event 1, SQLVDI SQLVDI: Loc=SignalAbort. Desc=Client initiates abort. ErrorCode=(0). Process=2620. Thread=8476. Client. Instance=LOCALDB#E89AD36E. VD=Global\{0B738066-D3E2-437C-A844-8950BDDC6044}1_SQLVDIMemoryName_0. Event 24583, SQLWRITER Sqllib error: OLEDB Error encountered calling ICommandText::Execute. hr = 0x80040e14. SQLSTATE: 42000, Native Error: 3013 Error state: 1, Severity: 16 Source: Microsoft SQL Server Native … Continue reading SQLVDI and SQLWRITER Errors

Change Content Type With PowerShell

Objective: Change the content type of many files in a single library. Solution: Use the following PowerShell script to change the content type instead of editing each file one at a time. In my example, I change the content type from "Document" to "Process". Credit to Phil Childs' article for SharePoint 2010. The script also works … Continue reading Change Content Type With PowerShell

Workflow to Update Hyperlink Display Text

Problem: I wanted to use Quick Edit to update the URL column for a bunch of items in a list. The problem is that when you edit a hyperlink column, you have to click the little hyperlink editor icon next to the cell to also edit the display text. Otherwise, it just shows up as … Continue reading Workflow to Update Hyperlink Display Text

Search Crawl Log Error – Access is denied

Scenario: Crawl History shows 0 successes and a bunch of security errors. The following error is logged in the Error Breakdown: "Access is denied. Verify that either the Default Content Access Account has access to this repository, or add a crawl rule to crawl this repository." Possible Solution: Check your hosts file. In my case, … Continue reading Search Crawl Log Error – Access is denied