“Recent crawl rate” and “Recent query rate” statistics incorrectly show 0.00 items per second on the Search Administration page.
Confirmed the crawl rate from the Crawl Health Reports page.
Confirmed that the number of searchable items was increasing.
Found a TON of update conflict errors (event ID 6398 and 6482) in the Application event logs.
Clear the configuration cache:
- Stop the Windows SharePoint Services Timer service.
- Navigate to the cache folder %SYSTEMDRIVE%\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config
- Locate the folder that has the “Cache.ini” file. The folder name should be a GUID.
- Back up the Cache.ini file (copy and paste it into parent folder, append .bak to the filename).
- Delete all the XML configuration files in the GUID folder. NOTE: DO NOT DELETE the Cache.ini or the GUID folder!
- Edit the Cache.ini file.
- Replace the number in the file with a “1”. Save.
- Start the Windows SharePoint Services Timer service.
- After the XML files repopulate, confirm that the Cache.ini file in the GUID folder contains the original number.
Confirm that “Recent crawl rate” and “Recent query rate” show data.